Modren day websites rely heavily on CSS. When using a CMS like wordpress, joomla or drupal etc. especially; multiple plugins and skins each having its own CSS, it becomes increasingly confusing where to add your css customizations that will work. This simple method below will free you from ever worrying about this issue and create a master CSS that will override all other.
- Create a folder named ‘css’ without quotes at your website root
- Create a file named ‘styesheet.css’ without quotes in that folder
- Locate and open your footer file usually footer.php in your active theme’s home directory
- Add the following code just above the </body> tag
- Save the file.
- Add your custom code to stylesheet.css created in step 2. this will override all other CSS on site.